Facebook Pixel


At WakeMed, we are always committed to the health and wellbeing of our patients. We are taking additional measures to keep you safe. Before your next appointment, please read our current visitor information.

Virtual visits are available. Call our office to schedule.

Concerned about COVID-19? Please visit our COVID-19 information page.

Our Services

Welcome to WakeMed Physician Practices – Urogynecology.  Our board-certified urogynecologist offers care to patients with pelvic floor disorders including:

We are currently accepting new patients.

Read some of Dr. Crane's most recent blog posts here.

Our Locations

North Raleigh

WakeMed North Hospital
Physicians Office Pavilion
10010 Falls of Neuse Road
Suite 100
Raleigh, NC 27614


Our Providers

About Our Practice

Urogynecology, formally known as Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery (FPMRS), is a specialty that plays a unique role in women’s health.

At WakeMed Urogynecology we are dedicated to the care of women with pelvic problems. We believe in providing cutting-edge, evidence-based treatments with the added benefits of individualized care and compassion.

Urogynecologists are dedicated to the evaluation and treatment of pelvic floor disorders (PFDs). PFDs include:

  • Urinary Incontinence: leaking or loss of bladder control
  • Pelvic Organ Prolapse: a weakening of the pelvic muscles that can cause the internal organs to drop down
  • Anal Incontinence: loss of fecal control

PFDs are relatively common. As many as 1 in 3 women suffer from at least one type of PFD. Pelvic problems are not a normal part of aging. If you suffer from this disorder, there are treatment options.

If any of these conditions are affecting your quality of life, you don’t have to just live with it. Schedule an appointment by calling (919) 350-1380 to get evaluated.

What is a Urogynecologist?

Conditions treated by a urogynecologist include:


A urogynecologist specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of female urologic and pelvic problems. After medical school, urogynecologists either complete a four year OB-GYN residency with a three year fellowship, or a five year Urology residency with a two year fellowship in order to provide care in this specialized field.

What Should I look for in a Urogynecologist?

It is important to look for someone you are comfortable with. These health conditions are private and potentially embarrassing. It is important that you trust and feel comfortable discussing your condition with the healthcare provider.

Fellowship training is also an important qualification, particularly if you need surgery. Fellowship-trained urogynecologists have advanced specialized training in diverse surgical techniques and can counsel you on the latest research evidence behind an intervention.

WakeMed offers personal care by a fellowship-trained urogynecologist. We are committed to helping women find safe, effective options to help them regain their quality of life.